Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TRANSFORM THE HOURS INTO NUMBER

How can I turn hours into numbers with example formulas:
Hours = 10:50
Number ?
THANK YOU

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 7:28 PM

MarioLamera wrote:

I turn hours into numbers

You can use the DUR2HOURS function:

English:

=DUR2HOURS(D2)

Italian:

=DUR.ORE(D2)

Also, have a look at the 'Employee Schedule' template at File > New in your menu.

SG

10 replies

Feb 16, 2022 11:18 AM in response to MarioLamera

If is is a duration of 10hrs 50min in a cell formatted as duration or is the result of a formula that creates a duration, use the DUR2HOURS function to turn it into a decimal number of hours.

If it is 10:50 in a cell formatted as text, the duration functions will interpret it as 10 min 50 sec. You can use the DUR2MINUTES function and pretend the result is decimal hours.

Feb 19, 2022 5:38 AM in response to MarioLamera

It would help us read your posts if you didn't put them within the < > code insertion block.

What do you mean by :

"if there are more names and more days (month) what can I do?"

Have you had a look at the Numbers User Guide at Help > Numbers Help in your menu?

As your topic seems to be shifting from your original post perhaps you could start a new thread with specifics (including screenshot) of what you are trying to do. To post a screenshot: shift-command-4, drag the "cross-hairs" to select the area on the screen, release, start new post and use the "mountain and moons" icon to insert the screenshot image from the Desktop.

SG

TRANSFORM THE HOURS INTO NUMBER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.