Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems on 2019 MacBook Pro after updating to Monterey

I have 2 Macbook Pros (2015 and 2019). I use almost all the same software on both, but one is my personal laptop (2015) and the other is my work laptop (2019). The 2015 has no problems after updating to Monterey. Everything still works. No performance issues, no app issues, perfect. The 2019 on the other hand is not working properly. On previous iOS versions I had zero issues with this laptop. It was fast and all software worked.

Since updating I have been unable to connect to my CISCO AnyConnect VPN (required for school/work from home). It claims there is no network connection, when there is a network connection. A few days later I noticed that I'm now having issues with all Adobe Creative Cloud Software. It takes 5-10 minutes for any CC app to open, and it frequently freezes. Yesterday the apple support tech asked me to make a new user profile to test the VPN issues. Creating a new profile, angered the MAC gods, and it took a full 15-20 minutes to try to switch to the new profile, test, and switch back. It kept freezing all the way. With the system lagging by about 30-90 seconds between each move/click/keystroke. While trying to log out of the test profile, it glitched and just showed a neon yellow, black and white lined screen. I had to do a hard restart. Restarting the machine took 30 min before I could click on anything without a very long lag.

I have spent HOURS researching, working with my company's/University IT support, Apple support, and Cisco Support. No solutions have worked. The only advice left is to roll the software back to the previous OS, which I plan to try next. But WHY would this particular laptop, and apparently this one only, have such issues? Wouldn't this suggest that the actual laptop is defective? I have spoken with several other university staff and students using the same model of Macbook, and they have not had issues with CISCO AnyConnect VPN after updating to Monterey.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Processor 2.6GHz 6-core Intel Core i&

Memory 32GB 2667 Mhz DDR4

Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 10:26 AM

Have you installed and run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", for anti-virus apps on your Mac?

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the first window that comes up so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Also click the About… vurron and read the info to further permit full disk access.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to include the report in your reply.

like this:

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 10:26 AM in response to nikkijo0082

Have you installed and run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", for anti-virus apps on your Mac?

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the first window that comes up so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Also click the About… vurron and read the info to further permit full disk access.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to include the report in your reply.

like this:

Feb 16, 2022 10:37 AM in response to nikkijo0082

I agree with what Old Toad said... however, it is likely that this user will not have the permission to install things onto the MacBook if it is under university control and that it will require some sort of admin password. Often times (from personal experience) it is simply due to the optimization of the image that the university is running on your machine. Also, this image could have simply installed incorrectly. I am willing to bet that rolling back the OS deployment is your best bet, and maybe trying to update it again.

You are likely going to be WAY better off escalating this issue with your university's IT support than most people can offer (Apple or these forums) because of the obscure nature of the exact deployment you are running.

Problems on 2019 MacBook Pro after updating to Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.