Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook was updating the macOS Big Sur and it froze up and now my laptop has a check with line in the middle how can I fix this and I can’t even get in my MacBook

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 12:06 PM

The first screen shows you have a firmware password enabled. The second screens shows that you have a Mac OS, but not one that you can boot to. You need to get to recovery and first run disk utilities to repair the drive. If no errors are found ,you need to reinstall the operating system from recovery.If your Mac starts up to a circle with a line through it - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 12:06 PM in response to Sp1cy38

The first screen shows you have a firmware password enabled. The second screens shows that you have a Mac OS, but not one that you can boot to. You need to get to recovery and first run disk utilities to repair the drive. If no errors are found ,you need to reinstall the operating system from recovery.If your Mac starts up to a circle with a line through it - Apple Support

My MacBook was updating the macOS Big Sur and it froze up and now my laptop has a check with line in the middle how can I fix this and I can’t even get in my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.