Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick question about Spatial Audio on Mac

I have a quick question: can you use spatial audio when watching streaming content on Safari on MacOS Monterey! I know that you need a Mac with apple silicon in order to use this feature! I recently upgraded my M1 MacBook Air to the 14 inch MacBook Pro in the M1 Pro! And all I want if for someone to remind me if you can use spatial audio on safari because I honestly cannot remember! For anyone who has an Apple Silicon Mac, please just answer yes or no! I just need a quick reminder!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 5:07 PM

17001005 wrote:

I have a quick question: can you use spatial audio when watching streaming content on Safari on MacOS Monterey! I know that you need a Mac with apple silicon in order to use this feature! I recently upgraded my M1 MacBook Air to the 14 inch MacBook Pro in the M1 Pro! And all I want if for someone to remind me if you can use spatial audio on safari because I honestly cannot remember! For anyone who has an Apple Silicon Mac, please just answer yes or no! I just need a quick reminder!

Yes.

Get a demonstration of spatial audio on your MacBook Pro

Make sure that you're wearing your AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), or Beats Fit Pro, and that they're connected to your MacBook Pro.

Click the Control Center icon in the menu bar, click Bluetooth, then find your AirPods or Beats in the list.

Choose Spatial Audio while you're playing multichannel content or Spatialize Stereo while you're playing two-channel stereo content.

Switch from Stereo Audio to Spatial Audio or Spatialize Stereo to get a demonstration of the difference

You can read all about it—

Listen with spatial audio for AirPods and Beats - Apple Support

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 5:07 PM in response to 17001005

17001005 wrote:

Yes.

Get a demonstration of spatial audio on your MacBook Pro

Make sure that you're wearing your AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, AirPods (3rd generation), or Beats Fit Pro, and that they're connected to your MacBook Pro.

Click the Control Center icon in the menu bar, click Bluetooth, then find your AirPods or Beats in the list.

Choose Spatial Audio while you're playing multichannel content or Spatialize Stereo while you're playing two-channel stereo content.

Switch from Stereo Audio to Spatial Audio or Spatialize Stereo to get a demonstration of the difference

You can read all about it—

Listen with spatial audio for AirPods and Beats - Apple Support

Quick question about Spatial Audio on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.