Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Muffled/Static AirPods Max Microphone on Intel 2020 iMac

Anyone else having this problem.

AirPods Max work fine for listening to music on my Intel 2020 iMac. But when ever I used Zoom or Teams or use microphone its all Muffled/Static

I have tried this on my M1 13" MacBook Pro and there is no issue. It also works fine on my iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Im running 12.2.1

Not sure how to fix this

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 8:20 PM

I managed to get these fixed..

I logged a call with Apple Support and they were super helpful and we did a fair bit of diagnosis but still not fixed the issue.

Then we rebooted the Mac in Safe Mode (hold shift when power on) and that fixed it. Then rebooted 2 more times and it appears to be all good now.

I did not think it was the AirPods Max hardware as it was always working fine with other devices..

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 8:20 PM in response to whoistheg

I managed to get these fixed..

I logged a call with Apple Support and they were super helpful and we did a fair bit of diagnosis but still not fixed the issue.

Then we rebooted the Mac in Safe Mode (hold shift when power on) and that fixed it. Then rebooted 2 more times and it appears to be all good now.

I did not think it was the AirPods Max hardware as it was always working fine with other devices..

Feb 16, 2022 8:17 PM in response to whoistheg

whoistheg Said:

"Muffled/Static AirPods Max Microphone on Intel 2020 iMac: Anyone else having this problem. AirPods Max work fine for listening to music on my Intel 2020 iMac. But when ever I used Zoom or Teams or use microphone its all Muffled/Static"

-------

Troubleshooting Muffled AirPods:

A. Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

B. If Used in a Closed Space:

If you are using these in a closed room, then echos can come about.

Muffled/Static AirPods Max Microphone on Intel 2020 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.