Newsroom Update

This fall, AirPods software updates will transform the way users respond to Siri, take calls, and immerse themselves in their favorite games. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro - Siri reading messages

So I’ve had some AirPods Pro for quite some time now and basically when Siri reads out my notifications such as who sent a Snapchat she normally reads it in a normal voice, however sometimes she reads it in a croaky, old sounding voice as if she’s breaking up. It used to only happen occasionally however now it’s more the majority.

i have had the AirPods fixed due to charging issues and possibly that may have disrupted something but it’s probably more software.

both AirPods and iPhone are up to date and it has happened on the previous software version too.

Just wondered if this is a common problem and if anytime knows how to fix it ?

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 11:32 AM

4 replies

Feb 18, 2022 11:41 AM in response to nagglestob

Hello nagglestob.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are experiencing sound quality issues with "Hey Siri" while using your AirPods Pro. Having good sound quality is important, and we will be glad to assist.

Let's turn "Hey Siri" off then back on to see if that helps.

1. "Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Siri & Search.
  3. Turn off Listen for "Hey Siri," then turn it back on.
  4. When the Set Up "Hey Siri" screen appears, tap Continue.
  5. Say each command that you see on your screen.
  6. Tap Done."

If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

If the issue persists, reset your AirPods Pro next:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

Need more help, Contact Apple for support and service

Cheers.

Feb 18, 2022 12:49 PM in response to karina184

Ran into a bit of bother, turned off hey Siri and turned it back on and still had the same quality issues. Now I have followed the steps to reset them however after “forgetting the device” and holding the back button for 15 seconds it glows white then amber but does not reconnect to iPhone.

Now I am stuck with AirPods presumably charging with the amber light when I open the case but they won’t connect to any device.

I have had these since they launched so it may be that they are aged.

AirPods Pro - Siri reading messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.