Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot type a backtick.

I have a macbook pro 13-inch from 2014 that is currently running macOS Big Sur and I tried to look up how to type a backtick as I need it for programming, but I cannot find it anywhere. Does someone know how to get one?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 12:30 PM

rik195 wrote:

I have a macbook pro 13-inch from 2014 that is currently running macOS Big Sur and I tried to look up how to type a backtick as I need it for programming, but I cannot find it anywhere. Does someone know how to get one?

You need to tell us what language keyboard you are using. On the US English keyboard, you can see the backtick easily on the top left corner key under ESC. But there are dozens of other keyboards where it could be different, so let us know.

You can also always find which key does what with Keyboard Viewer

Use the Keyboard Viewer on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 12:30 PM in response to rik195

rik195 wrote:

You need to tell us what language keyboard you are using. On the US English keyboard, you can see the backtick easily on the top left corner key under ESC. But there are dozens of other keyboards where it could be different, so let us know.

You can also always find which key does what with Keyboard Viewer

Use the Keyboard Viewer on Mac - Apple Support

Cannot type a backtick.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.