Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove my Apple Id from my iPhone 6?

I have updated from an iPhone 6 to an 8 to XR. The iPhone 8 was damaged beyond repair. But it seems the iPhone 6 is still linked to the 8 and I cannot remove my Apple ID from the iPhone 6. I want to gift the phone to a friend but she cannot put on her ID nor install any app.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:20 PM

The iPhone 8 has nothing to do with the iPhone 6.

Open System > Your name at the top > Sign Out

Enter your Apple ID and password as prompted to release the phone. Then erase it as new.

Don't forget to go into your account from another computer and remove the iPhone 6 from your account.

https://www.icloud.com

3 replies

Feb 21, 2022 11:59 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Thanks for the recommendation but when I open my account on my iPhone XR (my current phone) or on www.icloud.com, it does not show that the iPhone 6 as still linked to my account. When I open the iPhone 6, there is my profile! The problem is that the SIGN OUT button is never active!

Would it help (is it possible) to do a software update on the iPhone 6?

Thanks

Feb 21, 2022 2:39 PM in response to T-stars_225

Then it appears you already logged the iPhone 6 out of the account it was using. Doing that doesn't make the name of the user who set up the phone disappear. That will only happen after a full erase:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings

Since I don't want to erase my 6s to test, I believe at that point you have to enter your 6 digit passcode. Once the erase is complete, the phone will behave as new and present the Hello! screen.

How can I remove my Apple Id from my iPhone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.