Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you buy an apple key replacement?

My up arrow key recently stopped working so I. tried to just keep on pressing it until it worked again but then I just broke off. So, I tried popping it back on, then I realized somehow one of the parts to a key on the arrow key broke off. I didn't want to tel my parents it broke because I just got my Mac, so I just hot glued it, it has been working semi semi until now. I just completely came off and I don't think hot glue will work. So, I was wondering can you buy an apple key replacement?

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 4:18 AM

Two things. You can't buy a single key. Tell your parents now before the situation gets worse.

When the key first stopped working you should have told your parents then. Why? The laptop would be under warranty and repairable free of charge. As things stand now it can still be replaced although it won't be free. Why? It will be obvious to the technician someone has tampered with it. If you're lucky you will only have to pay for a replacement top case/keyboard. When things like this happen always tell your parents.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 4:18 AM in response to bob123_hehe

Two things. You can't buy a single key. Tell your parents now before the situation gets worse.

When the key first stopped working you should have told your parents then. Why? The laptop would be under warranty and repairable free of charge. As things stand now it can still be replaced although it won't be free. Why? It will be obvious to the technician someone has tampered with it. If you're lucky you will only have to pay for a replacement top case/keyboard. When things like this happen always tell your parents.

Can you buy an apple key replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.