Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset all Apple-connected devices missing in Monterey

I am looking to sell my Apple Magic Wireless keyboard. Before I sell it, I wanted to perform a factory reset on it. Note that (as in the linked thread) I do NOT want to reset the Bluetooth module, I want to reset the external keyboard itself.

Before macOS Monterey, there was a method of doing this by holding Shift+Option while clicking the bluetooth icon in the menu bar. This option has been removed.

How can I do this in Monterey? Is there a terminal command to use, has the UI for this been moved?

This has already been asked without a resolution here: Factory reset all Apple-connected devices… - Apple Community

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 1:50 PM

You are welcome and thank you too.

The Bluetooth Keyboard in and of itself does not require nor can be Reset like on does for an iPhone or other iDevice.

Once the device ia removed it can be repaired to another device just as easily as if it were new and never used before.

Similar questions

3 replies

Factory reset all Apple-connected devices missing in Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.