Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If Siri isn’t responding to your voice

If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

If Siri doesn't respond when you say "Hey Siri," here are a few things to check.

Check if "Hey Siri" is on

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Siri & Search.
  3. From here, make sure the following settings are turned on:
    • Listen for "Hey Siri"
    • Allow Siri When Locked

Set up "Hey Siri" to help Siri recognize your voice

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Siri & Search.
  3. Turn off Listen for "Hey Siri," then turn it back on.
  4. When the Set Up "Hey Siri" screen appears, tap Continue.
  5. Say each command that you see on your screen.
  6. Tap Done.

If Siri still isn't responding

By default, Siri won't respond when your device is face down or covered unless you go to Settings > Accessibility > Siri and turn on Always Listen for "Hey Siri."

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 10:24 PM

I had this issue today. I followed instructions to turn listen for hey Siri off and back on and set up again. It wouldn’t respond or acknowledge my voice. I tried plugging in headphones and it says it doesn’t work with them during setup. But when I unplugged them and turned it back on, I was able to set it up. This is not the only issue I’ve had lately with my phone. App icons disappeared - but the titles and links remained. A few other little things like that, which make me question whether I should have upgraded to 15.3.1.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 10:24 PM in response to DownrangeSky58

I had this issue today. I followed instructions to turn listen for hey Siri off and back on and set up again. It wouldn’t respond or acknowledge my voice. I tried plugging in headphones and it says it doesn’t work with them during setup. But when I unplugged them and turned it back on, I was able to set it up. This is not the only issue I’ve had lately with my phone. App icons disappeared - but the titles and links remained. A few other little things like that, which make me question whether I should have upgraded to 15.3.1.

If Siri isn’t responding to your voice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.