Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my incoming emails on iCloud and btinternet

My husband has suddenly lost his incoming emails both iCloud and btinternet for all of 2021 and the first 6 weeks of 2022. He uses the Apple Mail App on his iMac Monterey, 8th generation iPad and 1st generation iPhone SE. They are not on the app or on the web. He has no backup. BT said there was no problem with their system and Apple said it must be a fault at BT’s end. Is there any chance of these emails being found?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 2:15 PM

You mean people who do not use an email app and who use their browser to go directly to the email service provider's web site. There is safety there in that the emails can be saved there on the web site. As for iCloud, it is important to know that it is NOT a backup service, although it has some of those features. It mirrors what you have in the computer which you have pointed to iCloud. It is really a cross platform sharing service.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 2:15 PM in response to Ing McB

You mean people who do not use an email app and who use their browser to go directly to the email service provider's web site. There is safety there in that the emails can be saved there on the web site. As for iCloud, it is important to know that it is NOT a backup service, although it has some of those features. It mirrors what you have in the computer which you have pointed to iCloud. It is really a cross platform sharing service.

I lost my incoming emails on iCloud and btinternet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.