Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost emails

I have recently found that one email account with BTinternet has lost 6 weeks worth of recent emails and will no longer receive new mail, although it can send. This difficulty does not affect other accounts with BT and other providers. It has only affected my iPad mini and iPhone, my iMac still has the account and functions perfectly. I have not changed my settings, except to try deleting and reloading the account, which makes no difference. Why could this be? How do I solve this problem?

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2022 6:29 AM

Using a browser, sign-in to your BT email account - and from here check to see if all your email messages are visible.

https://home.bt.com/login

If your “missing” email messages are not visible within webmail, unless they appear in Bin/Trash, the messages have been deleted and have been lost.

If instead all your email messages are visible, delete the email account from your iPad - then perform a forced-restart of the iPad:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your email account] > Delete Account

Forced Restart:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After performing the restart, re-add the email account to your iPad:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2022 6:29 AM in response to Mmnyorks

Using a browser, sign-in to your BT email account - and from here check to see if all your email messages are visible.

https://home.bt.com/login

If your “missing” email messages are not visible within webmail, unless they appear in Bin/Trash, the messages have been deleted and have been lost.

If instead all your email messages are visible, delete the email account from your iPad - then perform a forced-restart of the iPad:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Your email account] > Delete Account

Forced Restart:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

After performing the restart, re-add the email account to your iPad:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Lost emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.