Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does Ventura cause any issues with email?

After installing Ventura 13.1 my emails to not show any content.

Mac mini, macOS 13.1

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 7:42 AM

peyton264 wrote:

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy disable:

“Protect Mail Activity”

“Hide IP address”

“Block all remote content”

compare your results and report back.

ref: —Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

If no resolve see:

—if you are using Hide My email—try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices - Apple Support

—if you are using iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Use iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 7:42 AM in response to peyton264

peyton264 wrote:

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy disable:

“Protect Mail Activity”

“Hide IP address”

“Block all remote content”

compare your results and report back.

ref: —Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

If no resolve see:

—if you are using Hide My email—try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices - Apple Support

—if you are using iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Use iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support

Jan 4, 2023 8:28 AM in response to peyton264

I'm having the same problem. It only occurs with emails from some senders (all legitimate, large organizations) - sometimes every email from a sender; sometimes just some of the emails from that same sender. This had occurred occasionally with earlier macOS mail versions but is much more prevalent with Ventura.

I've tried disabling all the options described by leroydouglas with no effect. The content of affected mails are all visible on the web mail site or when downloaded on the POP connection on my iPhone - just not when downloaded via Ventura (IMAP).

Mar 2, 2023 10:42 AM in response to leroydouglas

I changed the three settings under Privacy as suggested. And this didn't seem to do anything until I rebooted. Now mail seems to be working. I really want to block remote content though. So I'll see if turning that back on messes things up.

EDIT: So, my mail worked only for a bit, before it returned to not showing anything but subject lines.

BUT, interestingly I went message by message going along fine until it tried to load a message I HAD SENT TO MYSELF. Then it froze. WILD.

Mar 2, 2023 11:45 AM in response to geckogreen

I changed the three settings under Privacy as suggested. And this didn't seem to do anything until I rebooted. Now mail seems to be working. I really want to block remote content though. So I'll see if turning that back on messes things up.

EDIT: So, my mail worked only for a bit, before it returned to not showing anything but subject lines.

BUT, interestingly I went message by message going along fine until it tried to load a message I HAD SENT TO MYSELF. Then it froze. WILD.

EDIT 2: So, I force quit mail for about the 10th time. Re-ran it to look at the settings again. AND now it is working like a charm. So. I'm glad for that, but have no idea what fixed it. Makes me wonder if it wasn't something gmail fixed on their end.

does Ventura cause any issues with email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.