Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail transcription

I just got the iPhone 13 plus max …. If I miss a call and the person leaves a voicemail I get a text message with the transcript in my message as well as in my voicemails. I don’t need it in two places

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 10:13 AM

8 replies

Feb 19, 2022 7:04 AM in response to Chaas122

Who is your carrier? Some carriers provide the text message as a service and you would need to discuss that with them. Also, do you use any kind of Robo call killer? I participated in a discussion the other day where a person stopped receiving his visual voicemail transcript but was receiving a text message from a strange number. It turned out it was a problem with an robokiller app that had stopped working correctly. See the information they provided.

I finally found the following articles on a "tech" site here: https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1404705 and followed through on the "robokiller" one and I don't even remember downloading that app but I guess I must have years ago? They say that there is a glitch in their app that can cause voicemail to be forwarded to one of their sites. I followed the instructions you can read here: https://support.robokiller.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027065591-How-can-I-disable-RoboKiller-on-my-iPhone-or-Android-device- and my voicemail is finally coming in to my iPhone's visual voicemail like it is supposed to.

Otherwise, your carrier is the one to talk to since voicemail is a carrier service and they would need to troubleshoot your problem.

Voicemail transcription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.