Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Pro MacBook Pro mouse cursor trails.

Hey everyone.

Two months ago, I decided it was time for a new laptop and the Mac looked perfect and I must say, it has worked great. But recently I’ve been getting an incredibly annoying issue where my mouse cursor leaves a trail. I have no idea why this is happening and it also only happens periodically, but it’s insanely frustrating.

If anybody knows how I could possibly resolve this issue, please write it down below, as this is really getting on my nerves.

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 4:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 8:01 AM

hans-christian13 wrote:

Hey everyone.

Two months ago, I decided it was time for a new laptop and the Mac looked perfect and I must say, it has worked great. But recently I’ve been getting an incredibly annoying issue where my mouse cursor leaves a trail. I have no idea why this is happening and it also only happens periodically, but it’s insanely frustrating.

If anybody knows how I could possibly resolve this issue, please write it down below, as this is really getting on my nerves.

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a 5 minute disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2022 8:01 AM in response to hans-christian13

hans-christian13 wrote:

Hey everyone.

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Takes noticeable longer to get to the login screen, does a 5 minute disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

M1 Pro MacBook Pro mouse cursor trails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.