Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to see all my songs in iTunes 12.4 Don't judge me please

I only can see my library by "artists" or Albums. I'd like to see by songs. I read some postings stating all I had to do was to click "Library" and select "songs". Unfortunately, I don't see it. I also read to File and select pull down menu to "Add to Library". It generates a link to my "documents folder" on my mac.

The reason I am doing this is because my Library is a mess. iTunes suddenly decided to use the same Album name to many different albums. I am manually editing my library.

Is there anyway I could add the "songs" category on the sidebar?

No I haven't upgrade, done anything. My mack 2015 built is doing great. Yep, I'm using El Capitan

Please don't bother to tell me to upgrade, cuz this ain't the problem. Thanks

iMac 27″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 5:48 AM

If you hover the mouse pointer to the right of Library in the window sidebar does an "Edit" button appear?

Clicking that should let you select songs.

13 replies

Feb 19, 2022 1:53 PM in response to swansee

I think if you download/rip it from a different album you'll have different versions of it. It's been so long since I've had that come up that I don't remember how it came to be, but I know I've had duplicate songs before. iTunes even has a feature to deal with them: File Menu > Library > Show duplicate items.

Trying to see all my songs in iTunes 12.4 Don't judge me please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.