Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Music "Songs" list doesn't go to the album when I type

Until the latest update, I had iTunes. When I show my library as a list of songs, I click the top of a column to sort by that column. All good so far.

With iTunes, if I sorted on album (substitute artist, song, whatever), when I start to type an album name, it would go directly to that album in the list.

With Music 1.2.3.56 on OSX 12.3.1, I can't seem to do this. Any ideas?

(On a possibly related note, if I was looking at a different part of my library when the song changed, the list would immediately scroll to show the now-playing song, and that no longer happens.)

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 10:35 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 20, 2022 12:39 PM in response to turingtest2

Unless I'm misunderstanding, this filters the library, reducing the visible library to songs any of whose fields containing the string I'm typing. If I'm sorting on Album and type "Joe" I don't want all my Billy Joel songs; I want it to scroll to the album Joe Bonamassa Live from the Royal Albert Hall. See?

I just want my library to scroll to the album that starts with the characters I type.

OSX Music "Songs" list doesn't go to the album when I type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.