Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15.3.1 Face ID

After newest update Face ID stopped working. It does not recognize my face is even in the shot when I went to reset face id

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 11:54 PM

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings > Face ID &Passcode and tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple ...

Do you have a disabled Face ID alert on your device?

Please read the "What to do Next" section in this link, if nothing works as per the instruction given in this link --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 11:54 PM in response to Iamwitte

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings > Face ID &Passcode and tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple ...

Do you have a disabled Face ID alert on your device?

Please read the "What to do Next" section in this link, if nothing works as per the instruction given in this link --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Feb 18, 2022 11:59 PM in response to Iamwitte

Iamwitte Said:

"15.3.1 Face ID: After newest update Face ID stopped working. It does not recognize my face is even in the shot when I went to reset face id"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this issue began after the update, and explain how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Feb 24, 2022 6:52 PM in response to Iamwitte

This happened to me. I reset Face ID and it couldn’t recognize my face to even re-enable it. But doing a force restart fixed it and allowed me to set it up again. (A regular power cycle did not work)

Press the Volume Up button and release, and then press the Volume down button and release. Finally, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the iPhone screen.

15.3.1 Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.