Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new iPhone 12 never turned on

On February 17, a brand new iPhone 12 256GB Green was purchased at the Apple store Corte Madera, CA.

It was in the original packaging and film. When buying, I asked for a paper receipt. The next day I unpacked it and wanted to turn it on, but this did not happen. I put it to charge, but after 1.5 hours it also did not turn on.

I brought it to the nearest house Apple store Stonestown along with a box and a paper receipt. They checked and confirmed that this iPhone is dead.

They started the replacement procedure, but found out that Find my phone is ON and is associated with some other, not my Apple ID.

As a result, they could not perform a replacement, could not turn on the phone they had just bought, but sent it to Apple Support.

Apple Support talked to me and the Apple Store employees for a long time, took time to decide, and after a couple of hours they called and invited me to come today, February 19, to the Genius Bar, where Apple Support made an appointment for me.

All these problems are definitely not due to my actions, since the phone never turned on after unpacking the box. It also did not turn on at the Apple store employees.

I have a problem with a new phone for the second day and I don’t know how it can be solved. Why did they sell me a phone that was already in the Find my phone system, where is this error or there is some kind of system problem that they sell defective or used phones. What should I do now?

Big disappointment!!!

iPhone 12

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 11:51 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Feb 19, 2022 12:02 PM in response to muguy

Of course I'll go, but there are many actions I have to do for my money due to Apple's mistakes. I've already spent an entire evening on this and don't have much free time for this.

They have a bug they can't recognize or there is a scam in their system that needs to be stopped urgently.

Brand new iPhone 12 never turned on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.