Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to factory reset MacBook that won’t turn on

My 2020 MacBook Pro is bricked and being sent for repair. Is there a way to erase all data/factory reset without being able to turn it on?

Thanks

Badger-62

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 2:12 PM

Badger-62 wrote:

My 2020 MacBook Pro is bricked and being sent for repair. Is there a way to erase all data/factory reset without being able to turn it on?

Thanks
Badger-62

You can not.

Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon using Apple Configurator 2 - Apple Support

Revive or restore an Intel-based Mac using Apple Configurator 2 - Apple Support

"Secure Enclave is isolated from the main processor to provide an extra layer of security and is designed to keep sensitive user data secure even when the Application Processor kernel becomes compromised."

Secure Enclave - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 2:12 PM in response to Badger-62

Badger-62 wrote:

Thanks
Badger-62

You can not.

Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon using Apple Configurator 2 - Apple Support

Revive or restore an Intel-based Mac using Apple Configurator 2 - Apple Support

"Secure Enclave is isolated from the main processor to provide an extra layer of security and is designed to keep sensitive user data secure even when the Application Processor kernel becomes compromised."

Secure Enclave - Apple Support

How to factory reset MacBook that won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.