Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DNS resolution failure

Brand new MacBook Pro 14" on Monterey OS getting DNS Resolution Failure when attempting to open websites while connected to the WiFi network. MacBook 2013 that I just transferred all content to the new Mac from is working just fine and is connected and working well. The new MacBook connects to the internet perfectly fine when in Safe Mode. When restarting the new MacBook from safe mode, it connects to the wifi momentarily before alerting that "you are not connected to the internet". I know this due to emails being received. XFinity wifi.

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 8:41 AM

nancymsims wrote:

Brand new MacBook Pro 14" on Monterey OS getting DNS Resolution Failure when attempting to open websites while connected to the WiFi network. MacBook 2013 that I just transferred all content to the new Mac from is working just fine and is connected and working well. The new MacBook connects to the internet perfectly fine when in Safe Mode. When restarting the new MacBook from safe mode, it connects to the wifi momentarily before alerting that "you are not connected to the internet". I know this due to emails being received. XFinity wifi.

If Safari on Mac isn't opening a web page or working as ...

Verify you are using no VPN...

or "Private Relay" About iCloud Private Relay - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 8:41 AM in response to nancymsims

nancymsims wrote:

If Safari on Mac isn't opening a web page or working as ...

Verify you are using no VPN...

or "Private Relay" About iCloud Private Relay - Apple Support

DNS resolution failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.