Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of a note

Apple,

I got locked out of a very important note as the Face ID is not triggering for this note. please you need to come up with a way to let us access locked notes if we forget the password? It really makes no sense for this issue to exist. There needs to be a secure recovery method.

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 12:55 AM

There needs to be a secure recovery method.

There are - but it's too late for your lost Notes password.

It's distressing I know when you can't recall a password, and the human memory is useless at recalling the myriad of passwords we need to have. I use secure software to recall all the information I can't recall. Alas, there is no entry into a locked note.

From: How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forget the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password-protect any notes that you create going forwards with the new password.

But you can prevent this happening again with something like one of these software packages:

1Password

mSecure

My Eyes Only

Keeper Security

Last Pass

and there are many more.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 12:55 AM in response to asanie

There needs to be a secure recovery method.

There are - but it's too late for your lost Notes password.

It's distressing I know when you can't recall a password, and the human memory is useless at recalling the myriad of passwords we need to have. I use secure software to recall all the information I can't recall. Alas, there is no entry into a locked note.

From: How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forget the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password-protect any notes that you create going forwards with the new password.

But you can prevent this happening again with something like one of these software packages:

1Password

mSecure

My Eyes Only

Keeper Security

Last Pass

and there are many more.

Locked out of a note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.