Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still No resume function in Apple TV+!

There is still no way to resume a video when using the Nvidia Shield. The video will always start over from the beginning when playing it.

SHIELDAndroidTV,

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 2:28 AM

Apple One doesn’t show up as an active subscription on my Apple TV box either. Counterintuitive, I know. Yet Apple TV+ is fully accessible for me, as it should. Apple One does get listed on my iPhone, though.

5 replies

Feb 20, 2022 4:56 PM in response to Voyager62

Watch progress is stored online with your Apple ID account. Resuming may not work if you are not signed in to the app with an Apple ID account that has the purchases or subscriptions linked to it.

If the issue persists despite the above, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Feb 23, 2022 2:58 AM in response to Voyager62

So, on your Nvidia Shield, you are able to resume videos after leaving the app and returning? My brother tried on his and also couldn't resume videos either.

Unfortunately, I don not have that specific device to test on, but the documentation says that resuming should work, no different than Roku. Contact Apple for persistent issues.

Feb 21, 2022 10:27 AM in response to Urquhart1244

So, on your Nvidia Shield, you are able to resume videos after leaving the app and returning? My brother tried on his and also couldn't resume videos either. We've updated to version 9.

Everything works fine on my Roku though, but Apple TV is slow on that so I'd like to watch on the Nvidia Shield, but can't with this problem unless I'm sure I'm going to watch the entire video in one sitting.

Still No resume function in Apple TV+!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.