Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch heart rate complication

My Apple Watch 7 heart rate complication show “xx BPM” , “Y minutes ago”. Sometimes “Y” is relatively current, other times it is 15 or 20 minutes ago (some seemingly random number) even though there are definitely more current reading available. I’ve read all the comments in the topic but cannot find an answer. I would like force the display of the most recent BPM value.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 1:11 AM

The watch only checks your heart rate about every ten minutes in the backgroun unless you're doing a workout then is displays your heart rate live.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 1:11 AM in response to tctimber

The watch only checks your heart rate about every ten minutes in the backgroun unless you're doing a workout then is displays your heart rate live.

Feb 21, 2022 7:52 AM in response to tctimber

If your watch is busy doing something then the heart rate measurement might take place a bit later, that 10 minutes is only an approximation.

apple watch heart rate complication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.