Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Progress saving in paused programs.

Is there a way to get Apple TV to save my progress in a movie or show that I’m watching on my Roku tv? If I pause a program or leave Apple TV there’s no “bookmark” or prompt to pick up where I left off. The closest thing is suggesting the next episode of a tv show in “up next” tab but even that isn’t perfect because it starts the next episode whether I finished the previous one or not, again without a place holder for what I’m watching. I’ve read a handful of other users experiencing this same issue dates ranging from 2019-2021. How is this even possible? Any way to fix this? I don’t want to have to remember where I am in a program if I have to stop. What’s the point in paying for a service that doesn’t offer a solution for this very simple problem?

A114X,

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 5:14 PM

Resuming should be automatic, unless you purposely select a different episode (then that sets a new resume moment). Watch progress is stored online with your Apple ID account – not on the device. Up Next supports partially watched content.

If the issue persists despite the above, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 5:14 PM in response to Alexanderite

Resuming should be automatic, unless you purposely select a different episode (then that sets a new resume moment). Watch progress is stored online with your Apple ID account – not on the device. Up Next supports partially watched content.

If the issue persists despite the above, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Progress saving in paused programs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.