Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm not able to send emails from my Hotmail account using Mail app

I can receive emails using my Hotmail Account in MAIL on my iMAC, but I can no longer send emails. Will I lose my emails that I have moved to On MY MAC (for Years) from my hotmail account if I delete the hotmail account and reload it? If you delete hotmail and reload it does that correct the issue with sending mail?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 6:49 AM

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

If Mail on your Mac keeps asking for your password

3 replies

Feb 21, 2022 9:41 AM in response to ABM2022

You are thinking about resolutions and I congratulate you. Here are my thoughts. You can move any emails you want to save to a new (or existing) local email box down under the personal section of Mail. They can always be opened as long as Mail is installed. With Mail, as with other email apps, you can certainly close and reopen accounts. No problem. Creating the new account as you suggest may fix the problem. Or you might first go into Mail and then open Preferences and carefully check your account and password information. That is likely where the problem is.

I'm not able to send emails from my Hotmail account using Mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.