You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple pencil is damaging the side of my ipad

l bought an ipad Air4 from the amazon apple store a few months ago, l was so careful with it, my ipad was never dropped or soammed on a hard surface, so there are not scratches at all other than the ones that l noticed a few weeks ago, my ipad is literally damaging the side of my ipad. The thing is, the apple pencil eventually got damaged too. There is a grey dot on the pencil and my ipad has 4 scratches where the magnet is located. İt is literally losing it’s colour

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 1:04 PM

1 reply

Feb 21, 2022 1:15 PM in response to Sillainca

From what’s posted, seems some metallic or magnetic grit may have gotten involved.

Apple is the arbiter of whether this might be considered a manufacturing defect (and covered under warranty) or incidental damage (and not covered), so you’ll want to contact and check directly with them. Use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage.

My apple pencil is damaging the side of my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.