Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini Monterey Screen Display Issue

I just got a new Mac Mini for my birthday. Yey me! I have an ACER ET322QK screen and I gotta say the screen looks like ***. The brightness is so high that any and all blacks looks bad. Things that look great on my laptop look super red and washed out on the screen now. I used to connect the screen to a laptop and use a duel setup. The screen looked fine with this as the laptop has control for the laptop screen and the big monitor.

The Mac Mini doesn't even have a brightness option which is complete and utter failure on Apple's part IMO. How can I get my screen to calibrate when that isn't an option in Monterey? The only thing I can do is change the color profile but that does so little, it might as well not even be there.

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 3:43 PM

1) to Check/Change the Display Contrast

go to Apple > System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > and set the Display contrast: slider to Normal

2) to Check/Change the Display Resolution

go to Apple > System Preferences > Displays > Display > hold the Alt (option) key and click on the Scaled button.

3) to Check/Change your Color Profile

go to Apple > System Preferences > Displays > Color and Choose a different profile or Calibrate

see > https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-calibrate-monitor-mac

4) to Check/Change other Display settings like brightness

go to and use the Acer displays On-Screen Menu

also see > If your external display isn't detected or appears blurry on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 3:43 PM in response to finnley128

1) to Check/Change the Display Contrast

go to Apple > System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > and set the Display contrast: slider to Normal

2) to Check/Change the Display Resolution

go to Apple > System Preferences > Displays > Display > hold the Alt (option) key and click on the Scaled button.

3) to Check/Change your Color Profile

go to Apple > System Preferences > Displays > Color and Choose a different profile or Calibrate

see > https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-calibrate-monitor-mac

4) to Check/Change other Display settings like brightness

go to and use the Acer displays On-Screen Menu

also see > If your external display isn't detected or appears blurry on your Mac - Apple Support

Feb 22, 2022 12:01 PM in response to den.thed

Hey,

While I appreciate your help, this doesn't work. I'm on Monterey OS so your second step is already one I can't do. I don't have resolution or brightness on my menu. I have Color Profile, Refresh Rate, and Rotation only. It also doesn't even say external displays like yours, it just says displays at the top.

Number 3 isn't for a mac mini and/or monterey, I've already been to that link and the first step I can't do because I don't have a color option. It says "To calibrate your Mac monitor, go to System Preferences > Displays > Color. Press the Calibrate button and the Option key at the same time. Follow the prompts for setting up native gamma, target gamma, and white point." I don't have a color option, or a calibrate option. Is my Mac Mini incomplete with this menu here? Or is Apple taking away more and more preferences with each new OS?

This is beyond frustrating at this point. I've had NOTHING but issues since I got the Mac Mini. 0/10 would not recommend to anyone.

Feb 22, 2022 8:10 PM in response to finnley128

How do you have the ACER ET322QK connected to the Mac Mini?

HDMI doesn't cut it for Wide Screen, High Resolution, High Refresh Rate Displays.

Personally I would get and use a Premium USB-C to DisplayPort cable.

for example > https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J2F57VV/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?

or > https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-uni-Thunderbolt-Compatible-MacBook/dp/B09HKL7M2N/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?

Mac Mini Monterey Screen Display Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.