Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control AirPods with watch?

Initially and blindly, I was able to control my AirPods with my Watch. I don't seem to be able to replicate this? How can I do this, as using the controls on the AirPods seems to be flaky?

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 5:20 PM

Hello,

When you pair AirPods to your iPhone they also pair to a connected Apple Watch. I am wondering if initially you were actually playing music on your Apple Watch through the AirPods but now the music is coming form a different source.

Use AirPods and other Bluetooth accessories with Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Connect to your AirPods

When you set up AirPods with your iPhone, they're simultaneously connected to both your Apple Watch and iPhone, and they play sound automatically from either device. Learn how to set up AirPods and how to play music on your Apple Watch."

I hope this helps.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 5:20 PM in response to Dale Miller1

Hello,

When you pair AirPods to your iPhone they also pair to a connected Apple Watch. I am wondering if initially you were actually playing music on your Apple Watch through the AirPods but now the music is coming form a different source.

Use AirPods and other Bluetooth accessories with Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Connect to your AirPods

When you set up AirPods with your iPhone, they're simultaneously connected to both your Apple Watch and iPhone, and they play sound automatically from either device. Learn how to set up AirPods and how to play music on your Apple Watch."

I hope this helps.

Control AirPods with watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.