Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos still crashing

Despite fixing photos library several times, updating my Macbook Air, removing all external hard drives, and many other measures, I still cannot view or edit photos in full screen.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 2:02 PM

Hi

I would try the following:

1 - Try booting in safe mode - does it still happen? Then reboot normally and try again.

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

Safe mode will clear temporary files and caches, and sometimes fixes odd glitches such as this.

2 - Create a new empty library and try with that library open (hold down the option key while starting photos, and click "create new". To switch back to your current library afterwards, do the option key start again) You'll need to import a few images to that library to test with.

3 - Try creating a new user account and try when logged into that account.

These checks will tell us if the problem is system wide, or linked to a particular library or user account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 2:02 PM in response to Jonnyola

Hi

I would try the following:

1 - Try booting in safe mode - does it still happen? Then reboot normally and try again.

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

Safe mode will clear temporary files and caches, and sometimes fixes odd glitches such as this.

2 - Create a new empty library and try with that library open (hold down the option key while starting photos, and click "create new". To switch back to your current library afterwards, do the option key start again) You'll need to import a few images to that library to test with.

3 - Try creating a new user account and try when logged into that account.

These checks will tell us if the problem is system wide, or linked to a particular library or user account.

Photos still crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.