Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro keyboard not working

I have an issue with my Macbook pro (Model A1708) keyboard. Suddenly, when trying to log in, I see that the keyboard is not responding to type my password for log in. The trackpad is working but alone cannot be used to log in. What is the issue? Is the keyboard disconnected or is it faulty? It has stopped responding suddenly. I have important files on my Macbook pro.

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 8:33 AM

Heetesh wrote:

I have an issue with my Macbook pro (Model A1708) keyboard. Suddenly, when trying to log in, I see that the keyboard is not responding to type my password for log in. The trackpad is working but alone cannot be used to log in. What is the issue? Is the keyboard disconnected or is it faulty? It has stopped responding suddenly. I have important files on my Macbook pro.

see if you qualify: Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 8:33 AM in response to Heetesh

Heetesh wrote:

see if you qualify: Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Macbook pro keyboard not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.