Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac27" recently upgraded to Monterey Login impossible

Hi Community, does anyone have the same issue? I upgraded to Monterey. Evereything was running fine for a few days. Since today i wanted to login from Standy, but either the keyboard nor the mouse inputs did do anything. I shut off and tryed again but no reaction from the login screen again, even on different USB Ports.

Can anyone help.

Best regards Fabian

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 2:46 PM

Reset SMC and NVRAM (if applicable).

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

If you can't Boot to Safe mode because KB does not work, even a USB KB, tyr booting to Recovery.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 2:46 PM in response to FEmele

Reset SMC and NVRAM (if applicable).

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

If you can't Boot to Safe mode because KB does not work, even a USB KB, tyr booting to Recovery.

iMac27" recently upgraded to Monterey Login impossible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.