Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding My Own Photo to Pages Book Template

I'm putting together a book using pages. I'm trying to insert my own photo in place of the default cover photo, but cannot get it to work. I selected the photo on the cover and tried various methods to replace it (copy/paste, insert, etc.), but every time I try it puts my photo on top of the photo that's already in the template. When I enlarge my photo by dragging the corners it pushes the text out of the way and so there's no more text box for the title.

How do I put my own photo for the cover?

Thank you!

Mac Pro

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 1:34 AM

The cover page of this template has two base components—a container holding the cover photo, and a text box containing the title text.

Clicking the title should select the text box and show you the boundaries of that box, as seen in the image below:

If you do not see the box after clicking to select it, go to the arrange menu and choose Ungroup to separate the grouped photo container and text box.

With the box showing, you should be able to click in the area below the text box to deselect the text box and select the photo in its container, then paste your photo into that container, replacing the original photo:

After pasting the new photo, you may find the title has disappeared. Select the photo by clicking near its bottom , then go to the Arrange menu and choose Send backward.

As can be seen, I deleted Urna's name from the title, and changed to colour of the title text for a better fit with my photo.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 1:34 AM in response to pasqualerose2

The cover page of this template has two base components—a container holding the cover photo, and a text box containing the title text.

Clicking the title should select the text box and show you the boundaries of that box, as seen in the image below:

If you do not see the box after clicking to select it, go to the arrange menu and choose Ungroup to separate the grouped photo container and text box.

With the box showing, you should be able to click in the area below the text box to deselect the text box and select the photo in its container, then paste your photo into that container, replacing the original photo:

After pasting the new photo, you may find the title has disappeared. Select the photo by clicking near its bottom , then go to the Arrange menu and choose Send backward.

As can be seen, I deleted Urna's name from the title, and changed to colour of the title text for a better fit with my photo.

Regards,

Barry

Adding My Own Photo to Pages Book Template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.