Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I screen my iMovie on my Apple TV 4k?

How can I screen my iMovie for family and guests on my Apple TV (Model A1842 TVoS 15.3 (19K547)?

Many hours spent learning quirky iMovie to produce 23 minute 2.5 GB iMovie on our family adventure. Export to desktop as .mov file no problem. Import to Apple TV on the Mac no problem. It's visible in "Home Videos." How do I screen this for family on my home TV? Non of my devices (Apple TV 4K, iPhone 11 proMax, iPad mini v.6) show "home videos."

I did import to iPhoto, which syncs to cloud, but playback chokes to a crawl on the iMac where this file resides.

Note: Speed test download speed 75 mbps upload 17 mbps

OS Monterey 12.2.1 Mac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019, hybrid drive) iMovie 10.3.1

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 1:32 PM

Thanks Rich, your question does help clarify my issue for anyone out there who has additional ideas. I did find that resource, it worked and I did Import to Apple TV on the Mac. It's visible in "Home Videos." The problem is, it’s only visible in Apple TV on the iMac where I created it. I wish to show it in other locations, for the audiences it was created for.

My movie is not visible in Apple TV on any other connected apple devices on my account, including the Apple TV 4K connected to my family room TV. And, the category “home videos” does not appear on Apple TV on any other devices.

if you create an iMovie, how do you show it on other devices, other than the IMac I created it on? That’s the last step Apple needs to add to the support resource you shared. It explains how to import it to iMovie on the device where it was created. Not how to find and view it on your other Apple connected devices.

ideas anyone?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 1:32 PM in response to Rich839

Thanks Rich, your question does help clarify my issue for anyone out there who has additional ideas. I did find that resource, it worked and I did Import to Apple TV on the Mac. It's visible in "Home Videos." The problem is, it’s only visible in Apple TV on the iMac where I created it. I wish to show it in other locations, for the audiences it was created for.

My movie is not visible in Apple TV on any other connected apple devices on my account, including the Apple TV 4K connected to my family room TV. And, the category “home videos” does not appear on Apple TV on any other devices.

if you create an iMovie, how do you show it on other devices, other than the IMac I created it on? That’s the last step Apple needs to add to the support resource you shared. It explains how to import it to iMovie on the device where it was created. Not how to find and view it on your other Apple connected devices.

ideas anyone?

Feb 25, 2022 2:22 PM in response to stephenfrombeaverton

Solved, two words. Be. Patient.

the file imported into iPhoto was huge @ 2.5 TB. It took a few hours to backup to iCloud, and become visible on other devices . Just because my download speed is fast doesn’t mean upload speed is too.

I just opened it in Photos on the Apple TV 4K attached to our TV. Picture quality was stunning, no stuttering or loss. Hooray!

Can I screen my iMovie on my Apple TV 4k?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.