Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch sleep schedule alarm did not wake me up

Hi, I have an Apple Watch 7 with OS version 8.4.2.

I use sleep schedules for my alarms in the morning. Normally my iPhone sounds when the alarm goes off, but last night I wore my Apple watch to sleep. I have "Track Sleep with Apple Watch" enabled, and my alarm says "When you wear your Apple Watch to bed, the alarm will go off on your watch." In addition, my Apple Watch is set to silent mode with "Haptic Alerts" disabled.

This morning, I woke up late, and my alarm did not wake me up. Is this because the haptics are not working? The sleep app on my Apple Watch says "Wake Up - Haptics", so I believe it should wake me up with haptics. However, I have "Haptic Alerts" disabled because I do not like my watch buzzing my arm every 5mins for every notification. Are these functionalities inherently incompatible with each other??

In other words—I want haptics disabled for everything except for my sleep alarm. How can I do this?

(It's also possible that I was super tired and the haptics did work. Is there a way that I can test this while I'm awake, without waiting until tomorrow morning?)

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 11:24 AM

Welcome Yentup,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your sleep alarm on your Apple Watch never went off.

If you wanted to test it out, you can change the Sleep schedule using steps in: Track your sleep with Apple Watch

We'd also recommend unmuting the haptic feedback, then test it out to see if there was an issue with those features conflicting with one another.

Restart the iPhone and then the Apple Watch.

Should the issue persist, then it would be best to connect with Apple Support: Get Support

If the issue happens when haptic feedback is muted or disabled, then again, you'd want to contact Apple Support directly.

Wishing you well, take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 11:24 AM in response to yentup

Welcome Yentup,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your sleep alarm on your Apple Watch never went off.

If you wanted to test it out, you can change the Sleep schedule using steps in: Track your sleep with Apple Watch

We'd also recommend unmuting the haptic feedback, then test it out to see if there was an issue with those features conflicting with one another.

Restart the iPhone and then the Apple Watch.

Should the issue persist, then it would be best to connect with Apple Support: Get Support

If the issue happens when haptic feedback is muted or disabled, then again, you'd want to contact Apple Support directly.

Wishing you well, take care.

Apple watch sleep schedule alarm did not wake me up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.