Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make pdf of Mail message without choice of PRINT option

According to Apple support pages, the way to make a pdf of an email message is to select PRINT among the options and then select pdf. However the option to PRINT is not among the options that appear of my iPhone. I have most, maybe all others, except PRINT: I can Reply, Reply All, Forward, Mark as Unread or Read, Trash, Move to Junk, even Mute or Notify Me (although don’t know what those are.)

How can I do it? Thanks

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 7:50 AM

Wasn't sure what "replay" icon was. but it got me searching. Discovered there are 2 "reply" icon at bottom of email. one along footer of screen. that's the one i've been using and it's one w/o out Print option. Then there's one at bottom of message itself. Almost everything it opens is same as other "reply" button, but it also adds, Print option. That's clear as mud. At least now I know. don't know who thought of such a confusing design. So obscure, i hope I remember it.

sorry to whine. thanks for helping me out.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 7:50 AM in response to Raicya

Wasn't sure what "replay" icon was. but it got me searching. Discovered there are 2 "reply" icon at bottom of email. one along footer of screen. that's the one i've been using and it's one w/o out Print option. Then there's one at bottom of message itself. Almost everything it opens is same as other "reply" button, but it also adds, Print option. That's clear as mud. At least now I know. don't know who thought of such a confusing design. So obscure, i hope I remember it.

sorry to whine. thanks for helping me out.

Feb 26, 2022 5:45 AM in response to ArmandoWyo

Just test on iPhone SE 2nd gen:

Tap Mail app -> tap an email message -> then tap Replay icon .

Scroll down & tap Print.

Pinch open the thumbnail image of the first page of that email message.

Now tap the Share icon at the bottom left of the screen and then tap Save to Files.

Open Files app & you will find that file there.

How to make pdf of Mail message without choice of PRINT option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.