Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install stuck

I started an install upgrade on my Mac. It continues all the way to less than one minute remaining and doesn’t progress. I’ve tried manually turning off the computer and restarting. When the computer reboot it starts the install once again until it hits less than one minute remaining. I can’t get past the black screen with the apple logo.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 12:37 PM

How long did you let it st at less than one minute?

The time is very very approximate.

If you waited for at least an hour then:

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Next try booting to Recovery and reinstalling the macOS version offered in Recovery.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 12:37 PM in response to philomena51

How long did you let it st at less than one minute?

The time is very very approximate.

If you waited for at least an hour then:

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Next try booting to Recovery and reinstalling the macOS version offered in Recovery.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Install stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.