Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Magic Keyboard Feature Missing

My iPad Pro’s soft keyboard provides for use of multiple versions of certain letters. For example, I can quickly insert the proper version for the second appearance of the vowel “a” in the Spanish word for “tomorrow:” manãna. I do so with a “long press” / “press and hold” of the “a” button on the soft keyboard.

I’m not given the same option using the Magic Keyboard, unless I’m missing something?

Thsnks -

Scott

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 12:56 PM

Hey there, Scott.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about wanting more info on how the Magic Keyboard works with accented or diacritical marks when typing. We'd be glad to provide some info.

Check out the "Use the Option key to enter a diacritical mark for a character" section of Enter characters with diacritical marks while using an Apple external keyboard with iPad for more details on how to accomplish these tasks when using the Magic Keyboard.

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 12:56 PM in response to sWoopSF

Hey there, Scott.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about wanting more info on how the Magic Keyboard works with accented or diacritical marks when typing. We'd be glad to provide some info.

Check out the "Use the Option key to enter a diacritical mark for a character" section of Enter characters with diacritical marks while using an Apple external keyboard with iPad for more details on how to accomplish these tasks when using the Magic Keyboard.

Take care.

iPad Magic Keyboard Feature Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.