Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Jiggle

Hi and sorry if these is too easy. Yes I know how to get the apps jiggling by touch and hold on my iPhone XR and that's not a problem. What is though is that they often start jiggling just when I pick the phone up. I know this is something to do with movement/shaking but it's ridiculous how easy it is to do. Must have happened a dozen times yesterday, doing something as simple as picking the phone up from a table. Is there anyway to disable this? Searches don't give me much of a clue, as it's a bit of a strange question to phrase correctly to get an answer to this specifically. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 1:08 AM

You may be touching and holding in the space between icons in the Home Screen. You might want to turn off Raise to Wake in Settings, Screen & Brightness, or turn off Tap to Wake in Settings, Accessibility, Touch.

If it happens when you are definitely not doing that then have it looked at:-

How to arrange a repair

First try a Forced restart Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If no better you should arrange a repair iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

or

Contact - Official Apple Support

or

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 1:08 AM in response to ziggy15

You may be touching and holding in the space between icons in the Home Screen. You might want to turn off Raise to Wake in Settings, Screen & Brightness, or turn off Tap to Wake in Settings, Accessibility, Touch.

If it happens when you are definitely not doing that then have it looked at:-

How to arrange a repair

First try a Forced restart Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If no better you should arrange a repair iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

or

Contact - Official Apple Support

or

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

App Jiggle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.