Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime and iphone

Attaching an iPhone 11 to a MacBook Pro, Big Sur Ver 11.6.4, I cannot get Quicktime to display video from the iPhone attached with a USB cable.

I've tried "New Recording" in Quicktime, but it doesn't drop a menu to select any device, but displays the integrated camera in my MacBook.

Supposedly Quicktime will display live video from my iPhone when attached via USB.

There are many other utility programs that say they can fulfill this function, but I'm not warm to downloading a paid program for something my Apple devices should do.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 11:45 AM

1. Open the iPhone Camera app
  2. Open QuickTime Player. Select New Movie Recording. Use the small downward arrow right next to the red Record button, to select a different camera input.
  3. When recording through QuickTime, the iPhone’s on-screen controls are included. To avoid that, use third party apps instead of the Camera app.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 11:45 AM in response to cjstout

1. Open the iPhone Camera app
  2. Open QuickTime Player. Select New Movie Recording. Use the small downward arrow right next to the red Record button, to select a different camera input.
  3. When recording through QuickTime, the iPhone’s on-screen controls are included. To avoid that, use third party apps instead of the Camera app.

Quicktime and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.