Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't use my Apple Watch Series 3 after the download failed

I have an Apple watch Series 3. I've had it for 2 or 3 years. Lately it has been going through a download. The download failed and I haven't been able to use the watch since. I tried pairing it manually but it asks for an Icloud ID. I can't remember what it is. I also don't know what the lock number is. I am truly wrapped around the axle on this. Would it be simpler to wipe my account out and start over new? I'm open to any suggestions. I like the watch and want to keep using it. Can you help me?

Respectfully,

John M.

[Edited by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 1:27 AM

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock Here.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt with the serial number along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2022 1:27 AM in response to St3_meng

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock Here.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt with the serial number along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

I can't use my Apple Watch Series 3 after the download failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.