Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network not showing up in Finder... Can't find/connect to WIN PC over WiFi.

I am setting up a clean installation of macOS Big Sur on an external SSD and then copy back to Mac HD because of constant ongoing issues after Big Sur update from Catalina, but nothing shows up under Locations/iMac/Network and Network doesn't show up in Finder > Prefs > Sidebar either.

The Network (WiFi) is connected as usual, but nothing has shown up so far during set up.

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 11:23 AM

Update:

Network finally showed up under Locations in Finder sidebar, although still not in Prefs., but when I select the WIN PC it shows "Connecting..." and then "Connection Failed". It works on the internal Mac HD. Also, the "Connect As..." button doesn't work. Nothing opens.

Shared doesn't show up either in Sidebar or Prefs/Sidebar.

I used to be able to connect to this WIN PC over the WiFi Network so easily years ago but it's been very temperamental of late. Both computers are on same network via WiFi.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2022 11:23 AM in response to Sapote

Update:

Network finally showed up under Locations in Finder sidebar, although still not in Prefs., but when I select the WIN PC it shows "Connecting..." and then "Connection Failed". It works on the internal Mac HD. Also, the "Connect As..." button doesn't work. Nothing opens.

Shared doesn't show up either in Sidebar or Prefs/Sidebar.

I used to be able to connect to this WIN PC over the WiFi Network so easily years ago but it's been very temperamental of late. Both computers are on same network via WiFi.

Network not showing up in Finder... Can't find/connect to WIN PC over WiFi.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.