Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage Space.

Quick question, what do I do if I completely deleted everything I possibly could on my iPad and I still don’t have that much free storage space? I only have like 5-6 apps left. (Including ones made by Apple.) And, the only actual game I have to play is Genshin Impact. Since I need to get an update for it but my IPad is saying I don’t have enough space. Honestly, I don’t know what to do anymore. At this point I’ve been trying to free up so much space but nothing is working. I’m still at 29gb of space taken up!

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2022 1:09 PM

Hi Aratakis ,

On your iPad ,go to Settings> General>iPad Storage

From there you can review the storage status accurately as you’ll be able to see the apps that have consumed your space ,you’d be surprised iMessages alone can take upto 2GB of space .

You can also enable offload of unused apps to free app some space .

Last option,you can opt to buy/upgrade your iCloud storage .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2022 1:09 PM in response to Aratakis

Hi Aratakis ,

On your iPad ,go to Settings> General>iPad Storage

From there you can review the storage status accurately as you’ll be able to see the apps that have consumed your space ,you’d be surprised iMessages alone can take upto 2GB of space .

You can also enable offload of unused apps to free app some space .

Last option,you can opt to buy/upgrade your iCloud storage .

Storage Space.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.