Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey: Finder icon in Dock keeps freezing

From time to time the finder icon in the dock freezes in the state as if I click & hold with the mouse on it. The dock then becomes unresponsive until I show all applications with F3 and then click somewhere on the dock. I'm running a fresh installation of Mac OS 12.2.1 on a MacBook Pro 14'', 2021 with an M1 Max.

Any idea why this is happening? Does anyone else encounter this?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:42 AM

ole_berlin wrote:

From time to time the finder icon in the dock freezes in the state as if I click & hold with the mouse on it. The dock then becomes unresponsive until I show all applications with F3 and then click somewhere on the dock. I'm running a fresh installation of Mac OS 12.2.1 on a MacBook Pro 14'', 2021 with an M1 Max.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/40d3500a-f14c-4b10-94d2-c4655ed9b1e5

M1 SoC - SMC reset equivalent is Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal

no resolve—Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2022 7:42 AM in response to ole_berlin

ole_berlin wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/40d3500a-f14c-4b10-94d2-c4655ed9b1e5

M1 SoC - SMC reset equivalent is Shut down, close the lid 30 secs+ , reboot as normal

no resolve—Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Monterey: Finder icon in Dock keeps freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.