Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod wifi

I’m in an apartment and the only wifi I can have is spectrum subscription wifi. What can I do?

HomePod mini, 14

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 6:23 PM

Ah, my sincere apologies, I didn't understand the apartment co-op Wifi part of your post. It is a limitation to the HomePod mini. Unfortunately I am aware of no supported way for HomePod to connect to a Wifi network that has a sign in requirement. But it may not hurt to call Spectrum to see if they have a way.

Edit: one item I forgot to mention, if you use a non sign in required Wifi network one time to setup the HomePod, you can then Airplay music to it from your iPhone (even though HomePod is not connected to a network).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2022 6:23 PM in response to Dgrainger5

Ah, my sincere apologies, I didn't understand the apartment co-op Wifi part of your post. It is a limitation to the HomePod mini. Unfortunately I am aware of no supported way for HomePod to connect to a Wifi network that has a sign in requirement. But it may not hurt to call Spectrum to see if they have a way.

Edit: one item I forgot to mention, if you use a non sign in required Wifi network one time to setup the HomePod, you can then Airplay music to it from your iPhone (even though HomePod is not connected to a network).

Feb 28, 2022 5:51 PM in response to Dgrainger5

Hi Dgrainger, I don't know Spectrum Subscription Wifi, however, it doesn't allow your various devices to join the Wifi network with the password? The HomePod mini to best of my knowledge will provide the Wifi password.

If your Wifi router is managed by Spectrum and devices aren't allowed on the Wifi network without, I'm guessing, providing them a MAC address(?), contact https://www.spectrum.net/support and provide them the MAC address from the HomePod mini. (If you go into the Home app, long press HomePod button, press speakers, press the HomePod button, this will show you your HomePod MAC address).

Feb 28, 2022 6:12 PM in response to Tim_4_All

Thank you for helping! When i tried to connect the home pod to the wifi it said the wifi wasnt supported and when i googled the issue it said you cannot connect it to captive or subscription networks, which i think is what I have. I am in an apartment complex and everyone uses the same resident wifi, we are then directed to a spectrum website to sign into our accounts from there to connect.

Should I still call spectrum for them to solve the issue or is it still a homepod issue?

HomePod wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.