Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add to Home Screen button missing

how do I fix my add to Home Screen button? It is not showing.

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:12 PM

where are you locating the app and expecting to see that option?

What is your iOS version?

With the latest iOS, if you are swiping down on a Home Screen and searching for the app, you would not get the option to add to the Home Screen if it's already on the Home Screen somewhere. If it's already on the Home Screen, but buried in a folder somewhere, when you type in the app name, it should show up right under the search field and off to the right, should tell you the name of the folder it's in.

If you are unable get that to work..

Try swiping all the way left until you get to the App Library. Swipe down to get an alphabetical list of your apps, or type the app name into the search field. From here, you can just tap/hold and drag the app out to your Home Screen regardless of whether it's already on your Home Screen

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2022 7:12 PM in response to Melaniesmom1954

where are you locating the app and expecting to see that option?

What is your iOS version?

With the latest iOS, if you are swiping down on a Home Screen and searching for the app, you would not get the option to add to the Home Screen if it's already on the Home Screen somewhere. If it's already on the Home Screen, but buried in a folder somewhere, when you type in the app name, it should show up right under the search field and off to the right, should tell you the name of the folder it's in.

If you are unable get that to work..

Try swiping all the way left until you get to the App Library. Swipe down to get an alphabetical list of your apps, or type the app name into the search field. From here, you can just tap/hold and drag the app out to your Home Screen regardless of whether it's already on your Home Screen

Feb 28, 2022 7:32 PM in response to Melaniesmom1954

Wordle.. an app? I'm pretty sure any app called wordle is a copy cat. Wordle is played online

https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

In any case, if there is an app you want on your Home Screen.. I already told you how to do it.

Download it from the App Store, if you can't find it on your Home Screen, go to the App Library and add to your Home Screen from there

Add to Home Screen button missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.