Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth pairing of ipad and mac

Late 2015 imac. 2nd generation ipad pro. Latest software installed on both. Cannot pair devices. I get message saying Pairing Unsuccessful, Imac not supported. Any ideas?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 8:37 PM

Thanks but it is not an iphone issue. Late 2015 imac. 2nd generation ipad pro. Latest software installed on both. Cannot pair devices. I get message saying Pairing Unsuccessful, Imac not supported. Any ideas?

3 replies

Feb 28, 2022 8:35 PM in response to c2aggie

Hi C2,

This is via Community User, and credit to, Foxfifth:

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

To see the whole thread, here is the link. It provides some instances where bluetooth is used (but with specific operations). https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/253554849?page=2

bluetooth pairing of ipad and mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.