Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad and macbook are not connecting via bluetooth

I am trying to connect my ipad pro and macbook air via bluetooth but it shows my macbook is not supported.

What could be the possible solution to this?

PS: Yes software is up-to-date, both devices are discoverable, bluetooth is turned on.

I am getting the pairing message but it shows the device is not supported.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 8:44 AM

Actually you can. with Mac's running Monterey you can use airplay to Mac to mirror an iPhone, iPad air iPod touch's screen to a Mac.

While that options does use bluetooth for discovery only, the devices do not need to be paired.

The Airplay to Mac feature requires a Mac running macOS Monterey.

See here: link-> Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 8:44 AM in response to Xylomf2

Actually you can. with Mac's running Monterey you can use airplay to Mac to mirror an iPhone, iPad air iPod touch's screen to a Mac.

While that options does use bluetooth for discovery only, the devices do not need to be paired.

The Airplay to Mac feature requires a Mac running macOS Monterey.

See here: link-> Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Mar 10, 2022 6:47 AM in response to Xylomf2

What are you hoping to achieve by pairing your iPad and Mac via Bluetooth?

If your intention is to use Cellular Hotspot features of your iPhone, this link is optimally achieved using the native WiFi hotspot connection - this being a largely automated process. Hotspot connections over WiFi offer substantially greater throughput, range and reliability. Similarly, file transfer between devices will be considerably faster and more efficient using high-bandwidth WiFi.

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

Ipad and macbook are not connecting via bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.