Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music/Podcast keeps airplaying after I use the remote app.

The moment I use the remote for my Apple TV, it links the Music and Podcast app to Airplay. What ever video I have on the TV will stop playing if I try to play a song on my phone. I don’t want anything to automatically play on my TV. I’ve tried to disable this is settings, but it still doesn’t stop.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 7:30 AM

That feature should not be associated with use of the software remote.

Automatic AirPlay to TVs is based on use of AirPlay in the past, per app. You can set the iPhone/​iPad/​iPod Touch to a different setting, if you want to change its behavior: Settings﹥General﹥AirPlay & Handoff﹥Automatically AirPlay to TVs﹥Never|​Ask|​Automatic.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

↳ If video automatically streams to an AirPlay device

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 7:30 AM in response to Guythe13th

That feature should not be associated with use of the software remote.

Automatic AirPlay to TVs is based on use of AirPlay in the past, per app. You can set the iPhone/​iPad/​iPod Touch to a different setting, if you want to change its behavior: Settings﹥General﹥AirPlay & Handoff﹥Automatically AirPlay to TVs﹥Never|​Ask|​Automatic.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

↳ If video automatically streams to an AirPlay device

Apple Music/Podcast keeps airplaying after I use the remote app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.